Inside Sales Representative, Surrey, BC
LOCATION: Surrey, BC
REPORTS TO: Inside Sales Supervisor
Inside Sales Representative
Reporting to the Inside Sales Supervisor, the ISR is responsible for handling all external and internal customer interactions in a professional and courteous manner. Creating a high level of customer satisfaction is the primary goal. ISR’s are expected to support the overall Marketing and Sales goals of the organization. Specific Responsibilities include:
- Respond in a timely basis to customer requests, displaying a sense of enthusiasm and urgency appropriate to customer expectations.
- Provide customers with accurate information on the company’s products and services.
- Follow prescribed pricing models and structures; ensuring prices quoted are acceptable to company standards and meet current pricing strategies.
- Enter customer orders properly into the ERP promptly, accurately and effectively, maintaining a pace of work that meets acceptable standards.
- Promptly reply to any quotation requests from customers and/or outside sales reps.
- Proactively follow up on quotations and customer information requests, directly interacting with customers with the aim to increase sales volumes.
- Interact with outside sales reps on customer problems, product pricing issues, and special customer requests. Communicate regularly with outside sales reps on specific issues with their assigned customers. Exhibit and promote a sense of teamwork with outside sales reps.
- Ensure inside sales processes for quotes, contracts, customer relations, bid follow up, purchasing, delivery, are all executed effectively. Perform administrative tasks as required.
- Ensure all company policies are observed. Ensure quality verifications are conducted as per the requirements of the QA program (where applicable).
- Communicate effectively with manufacturing, purchasing, warehouse, shipping/receiving and administration staff to make certain that each customer transaction is completed accurately and timely.
- Recognize key accounts and their importance and respond in a priority basis, while maintaining appropriate levels of service to all customers.
- Utilize time effectively to complete the expected level of work.
- Proactively assist with continuous improvement initiatives authorized by management and provide recommendations for new initiatives on an on-going basis. (Example: Conexiom)
- Always maintain a professional demeanor, present yourself in an acceptable manner, and maintain your work environment in an organized fashion.
- Take responsibility for your own training, utilizing the resources available. Enthusiastically accept new challenges.
- Quality Program- implement corrective and preventive action and actively collect and report Customer’s Feedback
HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITY & ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Comply with A. R. Thomson Group’s Health and Safety Policies, Procedures and Safe Work Practices.
- Wear the appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Report any unsafe, unhealthy act or condition to immediate supervisor.
- Report any near miss, injury or equipment damage accident to the immediate supervisor and complete the required reports.
- Take every reasonable precaution to protect the safety of self, other workers in their area and the general public.
- Attend safety meetings as required and actively participate in the Health and Safety Program.
If you have the ability and desire to join our team, we welcome your application.