Sales Representative, Surrey, BC
LOCATION: Surrey, BC
REPORTS TO: Sales Manager
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the primary function of the Sales Representative is personal selling in the field to both existing and prospective customers. The Sales Representative is the direct link between this organization and it’s most valuable asset – its customers. This role requires superior inter-personal skills and the ability to be an active listener. The Sales Representative must have the intuitiveness to identify opportunities and the skills required to seize those opportunities. Specific functions include:
- Secure and develop sales at existing accounts and identify new opportunities for sales growth in the territory.
- Establish a strong business relationship with all members of the buying center and be on a first name basis with each.
- Develop a daily/weekly/monthly call plan using the programs available to ensure effective travel planning and time management.
- Plan sales activity at each account and set sales goals and strategies by product line.
- Provide timely communication to the Sales Manager as required to report results of your call activity and effectiveness of the overall regional/corporate Marketing and Sales strategy.
- Communicate customer concerns and needs to various managers and help develop procedures to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Make joint calls with SM and PM to support specific product initiatives and corporate objectives.
- Promote and facilitate customer product training and seminars utilizing Product Managers and Specialists within ARTG.
- Ensure company Sales and Marketing objectives are met with respect to profit margin, policy and product line sales
- Be available to participate in social functions and entertainment involving ARTG and/or its customers both during and after regular business hours.
HEALTH & SAFETY ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Comply with A. R. Thomson Group’s Health and Safety Policies, Procedures and the OH&S applicable legislation.
- Responsible by OH&S legislation to ensure their personal vehicle used for work purposes is maintained in sound mechanical condition.
- Be involved in the vehicle-as-a-workplace hazard assessment where applicable
- Wear the appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Report incidents including any near miss, injury, illness or equipment damage to their supervisor immediately and complete the required Incident report.
- Take every reasonable precaution to protect the safety of self, others in their area and the general public
- Attend safety meetings and actively participate in the Health and Safety Program.
- Communicate and promote A. R. Thomson Group’s Health and Safety Program to suppliers and customers.
The A.R. Thomson Group is one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of fluid containment and control products in North America. We focus on a broad range of domestic and international markets and continue to see strong growth. At the A.R. Thomson Group, we take our responsibility upon our employees seriously. All of our employees are given opportunities to grow within the frame work of a team culture, where training and continuous improvement are a joint commitment. We are proud of our 200+ professionals who are working together to provide the best products and services possible to our customers. We have a team-oriented learning environment where all positions offer:
- Task versatility
- Interesting and challenging work
- Culture of constant learning
- Competitive compensation package
- Education subsidies
- Opportunity for advancement
- Extended health benefits
- Company matched pension plan
If you have the ability and desire to join our team, we welcome your application.