MECHANICAL SEAL REPAIR
Mechanical Seal Repair by A.R. Thomson Group
With over 30 years of experience repairing any mechanical seal make or model, we are the trusted name in seal repair for Canada. Now with three seal repair facilities across Canada, we offer quick turnaround from coast to coast.
Seal Repair Services
- Inspection and troubleshooting
- Failure analysis reports including recommendations
- Component replacements
- Complete seal replacements
- Machining, lapping, coating
- Parts fabrication
- Bellows testing
ISO Certified Seal Repair
A good mechanical seal repair partner with ISO certification and a robust quality scheme is vital to achieving good site reliability with rotating equipment. Our three ISO-certified; national facilities can service any brand of mechanical seal regardless of size. As an integral part of our assessment process we offer a 3-tier reporting structure for rebuild quotes;
- Standard condition reporting; we cover the areas of the seal that were damaged, what needs to be replaced or repaired in order to return your seal to a warrantied as new service. This is the bare minimum of documentation that we offer for our rebuilds.
- Enhanced condition reporting; as with the standard report we cover the material requirements of the rebuild and add photographs of the damaged seal components.
- Failure reporting; this step is an add-on to the standard condition report. It incorporates a detailed examination of the seal components as well as discussion points covering possible causes of the damage seen, coupled with detailed application information from site crates an invaluable tool that can be used to eliminate unplanned seal failure.
Another key aspect of our offering is the ability to reverse engineer a product, reverse engineering goes beyond simply copying a part. In some cases, legacy seal designs used in Oil and Gas as well as other markets can date back over 50 years and can be limited by the available manufacturing techniques of the time. Using state-of-the-art engineering resources, A.R. Thomson group can review the materials and manufacturing process used in making the OEM seal then suggest and implement changes that will enhance the performance without necessitating a wholesale change of the seal itself. The ability to leverage our experience with modern manufacturing and design tools sets us apart from our competition.