THOMSON Style 263
Neoprene is an extremely versatile synthetic rubber with more than 75 years of proven performance in a broad industry spectrum. It was originally developed as an oil-resistant substitute for natural rubber. Neoprene is noted for a unique combination of properties, which has led to its use in thousands of applications in diverse environments.
A Balanced Combination of Properties
- Resists degradation from sun, ozone and weather
- Performs well in contact with oils and many chemicals
- Remains useful over a wide temperature range
- Displays outstanding physical toughness
- Resists burning inherently better than exclusively hydrocarbon rubbers
- Outstanding resistance to damage caused by flexing and twisting
This is a general guide and should not be the sole means of selecting or rejecting this material.
*Temperature and pressure values are general guidelines and may not represent continuous service. For specific applications please consult A.R. Thomson Group’s customer service at the branch nearest you.
- Temperature: -65°F (-54°C) to°250°F (121°C)