Sandvik 3R60™ is an austenitic chromium-nickel steel with minim 2.5% molybdenum and a low carbon content.
Very good impact strength both at room temperature and at cryogenic temperatures due to its austenitic microstructure.
Good corrosion resistance
- Organic acids at high concentrations and moderate temperatures
- Inorganic acids, e.g. phosphoric and sulfuric acids (moderate concentrations and temperature). The steel can also be used in sulfuric acid of concentrations above 90% at low temperature.
- Salt solutions, e.g. sulfates, sulfides and sulfites
- Caustic environments
Good weldability – due to its low thermal conductivity and high thermal expansion, welding with a low heat input is recommended.
- ASTM A213, A269 and A312
- JIS G3459
- JIS G3463
- EN 10216-5
- BS 3605, 3606
- DIN 17456, 17458
- NFA 49-117*, 49-217*
- See data sheet for the complete standards list
*Mo content 2.00-2.40%
- Heat exchangers
- Cooling and heating coils (chemical, pulp and paper, and food industries)
Contact us today for more information or to request a quote.