Reliability You Need
A Partner You Trust
Products > Mechanical Seals
Mechanical Seals - Pumps & Rotating Equipment
A.R. Thomson Group offers a comprehensive range of mechanical seals designed to handle the most demanding industrial applications, providing customers with high-quality and reliable sealing solutions. With our on-site experience and expertise, A.R. Thomson Group offers technical support, prompt delivery, and personalized service, ensuring customers receive the right mechanical seals and the assistance they need for successful installation and operation.
Advanced cartridge and component seals for pumps, mixers, compressors and other rotating equipment. Seal replacements for major brands such as John Crane, Flowserve, AES and more. Our mechanical seals are specifically engineered to withstand extreme conditions and provide optimal performance in various industries, including oil and gas, chemical processing, power generation, and water treatment. Whether you need a seal for a high-pressure pump, a corrosive chemical mixer, or a heavy-duty compressor, we have the perfect solution for your specific application.
At A.R. Thomson Group, we understand the importance of reliable and efficient sealing solutions in industrial processes. That's why we have a team of experienced engineers and technicians who are dedicated to providing technical support and guidance to our customers. We work closely with you to understand your requirements and recommend the most suitable mechanical seal for your equipment.
In addition to our wide range of mechanical seals, we also offer prompt delivery services to ensure that you receive your order in a timely manner. We understand that downtime can be costly for your business, so we strive to minimize it by delivering your seals as quickly as possible. Our efficient logistics network allows us to ship our products to any location in Canada, ensuring that you have the seals you need when you need them.
In addition to providing new mechanical seals, we also offer all-make mechanical seal repair services at our three repair locations throughout Canada. Our skilled technicians have extensive experience in repairing seals from all major brands, including John Crane, Flowserve, AES, and more. We use state-of-the-art equipment and follow strict quality control procedures to ensure that your repaired seal meets or exceeds its original specifications. Our repair services are cost-effective and environmentally friendly, as they help extend the lifespan of your seals and reduce waste.
Cartridge Mechanical Seals
Cartridge mechanical seals are pre-assembled units that provide a convenient and efficient sealing solution for various industrial applications, ensuring reliable performance and ease of installation.
Component Mechanical Seal
Component mechanical seals offer a versatile sealing option as they allow for the replacement and customization of specific seal components, providing flexibility to meet specific requirements and optimize sealing performance in diverse operating conditions.
Mechanical Seal Repair
Mechanical seal repair involves diagnosing and addressing issues such as leaks, wear, or damage in the seal components, restoring the seal's functionality and extending its lifespan, ultimately saving costs compared to complete seal replacement.
Question: What Does A Mechanical Seal Do?
A mechanical seal is a critical component used in various rotating equipment, such as pumps, compressors, and agitators, to prevent leakage of fluids or gases between the rotating shaft and the stationary housing. It serves as an effective and reliable sealing solution to contain the internal pressure of the equipment and prevent external contaminants from entering the system. Here's what a mechanical seal does:
1. Prevents Leakage: The primary function of a mechanical seal is to prevent leakage along the rotating shaft. It creates a barrier between the high-pressure process fluid inside the equipment and the external environment. By maintaining this seal, it ensures that the process fluid or gas remains contained and doesn't escape, avoiding potential hazards and environmental issues.
2. Maintains Efficiency: A well-functioning mechanical seal is crucial for maintaining the efficiency of the equipment. By reducing or eliminating leakage, the system can operate at its designed capacity, ensuring optimal performance and minimizing energy losses.
3. Handles Different Fluids: Mechanical seals are designed to work with various types of fluids, including water, oil, chemicals, and gases. They can be customized with different materials and configurations to handle specific fluid characteristics and operating conditions.
4. Adapts to Operating Conditions: Mechanical seals are versatile and can adapt to a wide range of operating conditions, such as varying temperatures, pressures, and rotational speeds. Depending on the application, seals can be chosen to withstand extreme conditions, ensuring reliable performance across different environments.
5. Extends Equipment Life: By preventing fluid leakage and reducing wear and tear on the equipment, mechanical seals contribute to extending the lifespan of rotating machinery. They help to protect the shaft and other critical components from corrosion and erosion caused by contact with the process fluid.
6. Reduces Maintenance Costs: Reliable mechanical seals require less frequent maintenance compared to traditional packing seals. This leads to reduced downtime and maintenance costs, making them a cost-effective sealing solution in the long run.
7. Increases Safety: Mechanical seals play a vital role in ensuring the safety of personnel and the environment. By containing hazardous or volatile substances, they help prevent accidents, spills, and leaks that could pose health and environmental risks.
8. Minimizes Product Contamination: In applications where product purity is crucial, such as food and pharmaceutical industries, mechanical seals provide an effective barrier to prevent contamination from external sources.
9. Accommodates Shaft Movement: Rotating equipment experiences shaft movement due to thermal expansion or other factors. Mechanical seals are designed to accommodate these movements while maintaining a reliable seal, ensuring smooth operation of the equipment.
In summary, a mechanical seal is an essential component that ensures the efficient and safe operation of rotating equipment by preventing fluid leakage, minimizing downtime, reducing maintenance costs, and extending the equipment's lifespan. Its ability to adapt to various operating conditions and handle different fluids makes it a widely used sealing solution in numerous industrial applications.