Experts of Gaskets, Packing, Mechanical Seals, Valves & Fittings
Serving the oil & gas, petrochemical, pulp & paper, mining, municipal, power generation and many other industries.
We design and manufacture fluid sealing products using the latest technologies.
All varieties of industrial metallic and non-metallic gaskets
Pre-formed packing sets for valves, pumps and mixers
Flexible metal hose and expansion joints
Seal specialties for the oil and gas industry
A.R. Thomson Group has increased the product scope of its Fluid Control Division. This includes a complete line of process and specialty valves along with fittings, pumps and accessories for process as well as product transfer piping systems. Further to our industrial product offering, ARTG has developed an Energy Efficiency and Environmental (“EEE”) program which identifies and minimizes system inefficiencies. The various elements of the EEE Program can significantly reduce operating costs and environmental impact. As part of this program ARTG has developed a Technical Services team which provides:
Equipment surveys and audits
Maintenance and repair optimization programs
Mechanical Seal Repair
Industrial process facilities are demanding environments. Process conditions may change with production demands and upset conditions can cause premature failure and costly down time. That’s why we offer local, quick-response service and repair capability. We have the expertise, parts and equipment to repair any manufacturer’s seals in our ISO:9001 registered facilities located across Canada.
A properly understood seal failure is an opportunity to improve reliability and prevent future losses. We have the capability to produce detailed failure reports on your seals. Understanding the cause of failure gives valuable insight for making recommendations to improve your seal’s life in all applications.
Our services include:
- Seal & support systems design engineering
- Inspection and troubleshooting
- Failure analysis reports including recommendations
- Component replacements
- Complete seal replacements
- Machining, lapping, coating
- Parts fabrication
- Bellows testing
Rotary Joint Repair
- Complete OEM replacement parts
- Repairs, testing and failure analysis
- Complete mechanical inspection with safe lapping and optical flats
- On-site maintenance, service and repair of Cameron General Twin Seal Valves
- Authorized representatives for actuation, mounting and accessories, etc. with recognized actuation equipment manufacturers
- Training and product application support
- Parts and equipment survey
- Audits to improve maintenance and reliability
Satellite Warehouse Program
CNC Machining Services
A.R. Thomson Group’s CNC Machining department can produce custom machined seals, plastic parts, and prototypes in small and large quantities which saves customers initial tooling expenses. Our Engineering department can also assist in designing and drafting your custom sealing system. View our CNC Machining brochure.
Laser and Water Jet Cutting
Energy Efficiency & Environmental Program
- Leak detection and repair
- Water conservation in Rotating Equipment
- Water treatment and filtration for recovery
- HVAC energy audits and consumption reduction initiatives
- Steam trap management for energy reduction
Steam Trap Management
- Trap population catalogue and tagging
- Database setup in the computer
- Complete trap testing and analysis
- Detailed reports and graphs
- Recommendations for trap replacement and piping improvements
Technical Services & Asset Management
Application & Engineering Consulting
Total Sealing Integrity (TSI)
Training & Education
Send us a Message
Join Our Team
The A.R. Thomson Group is one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of fluid containment and control products in North America. We focus on a broad range of domestic and international markets and continue to see strong growth. At the A.R. Thomson Group, we take our responsibility upon our employees seriously. All of our employees are given opportunities to grow within the frame work of a team culture, where training and continuous improvement are a joint commitment.
We are proud of our 200+ professionals who are working together to provide the best products and services possible to our customers. We have a team-oriented learning environment where all positions offer:
- Task versatility
- Interesting and challenging work
- Culture of constant learning
- Competitive compensation package
- Education subsidies
- Opportunity for advancement
- Extended health benefits
- Company matched pension plan
News & Announcements
Committed to a safe and healthy work environment
At A.R. Thomson Group we strive for continuous improvement in all areas, including safety. We are very proud to report 1000 days without a lost time injury, thanks to our dedicated team!
Next-Gen gasket material, Eclipse® 7576
Our Eclipse material is unlike any other filled-PTFE gasket. Our proprietary filler allows for unmatched chemical compatibility, greater sealability, maximum load retention and outstanding rigidity. Eclipse is the gold winner of Plant Engineering’s Product of the Year 2019, Fluid Handling category!
Announce the MultiPac 6101 is ABS approved
Our MultiPac 6101 is now approved by the American Bureau of Shipping. The ABS standard is a globally recognized specification used by the marine industry.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from A.R. Thomson Group